- The First Step Project was featured on WRAL in October 2012.
- The First Step Project was profiled on CarolinaParent.com in September 2012.
- Matt Shipman and the First Step Project were profiled in the Raleigh News & Observer in November 2011.
- Matt Shipman was interviewed by Tarheel Talk on Fox 50 (Durham, N.C.) about the First Step Project. The video is available in two parts: Part One and Part Two.
- The First Step Project was featured in the April 2010 issue of Real Simple magazine.
- The First Step Project was featured in the North Carolina State University Bulletin.
- To learn more about launching your own First Step Project, or to share your experiences with other like-minded people, join the First Step Project on Facebook.
- The first nonprofit that the First Step Project has partnered with is Interact of Wake County. Interact is a nonprofit organization that provides shelter and support for victims of domestic violence, rape and assault. They have an excellent reputation in their community, and got a thumbs up from the Institute for Nonprofits. Further information is available at: http://www.interactofwake.org/
- In addition, the First Step Project received lots of information (and moral support) from the Institute for Nonprofits at North Carolina State University. They focus on research, education and outreach related to the nonprofit community (locally, nationally and internationally). They are a wonderful resource for anyone with questions about the nonprofit world. Further information is available at http://nonprofit.chass.ncsu.edu/.